What’s on your summer reading list? While you’re soaking up the sun relaxing by the pool, make that time work for you by diving into a book that also will help you further your career. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- What Color is Your Parachute? by Richard N. Bolles – This book has sold more than 10 million copies since it was first published. It is often talked about as the number 1 resource for job seekers, at any age. Popular publications such as Time, Fortune and Fast Company Magazine have noted this as a must read and the Library of Congress has called the book “life-changing”. See for yourself and check out these other job seeking best sellers.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie – This book has stood the test of time since first being published in 1937. It’s other claim to fame? It’s known as one of Warren Buffett’s favorite books. Don’t have time to read the whole thing? No worries, here’s 12 tips from the book.
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sanberg – Think this book is only for women? Think again, males can garner just as much insight from this book as women. It is penned by Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer (COO). Know a recent grad? There’s also a version with new chapters written just for them.
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell – Turn the page and be inspired by others successes including legends like Steve Jobs. Discover the characteristics and practices that put him and other standouts in a class by themselves.
- How to Be a Badass by Jen Sincero – Read with an open mind and be surprised what you will learn about how to “start living an awesome life”. This sassy, funny book is anything but boring.
- Strengthsfinder 2.0 by Tom Rath – Whether you are working or preparing for your next opportunity, it’s always good to know your strengths. This book comes with access to a quick online quiz that will reveal your top five strengths in less than 30 minutes.