Looking for something fun to do this summer? Indy, and its surrounding areas, is full of special events, outdoor dining options and ways to experience the arts! With so many choices, you have no excuse to not go out and live it up this summer. We’ve rounded up some local seasonal happenings and destinations hand-picked for you!
- Fresco Italian Café on the Canal. Experience outdoor, casual dining along the canal. Enjoy Italian fare like pasta and sandwiches plus to-die-for sweet treats. Perfect place for a romantic date night. 310 W. Michigan St.
- Indianapolis Jazz in the Park. Enjoy the smooth styles of both touring and local jazz musicians as you relax in a serene outdoor setting. Mark your calendars for July 9 and August 13. Watkins Park, 2360 Dr. MLK Jr. St. Family friendly and free.
- Art of Wine. Live music, wine tasting, art abound at this one-of-a-kind festival. July 15, 5-10 p.m. in the Carmel Arts & Design District. $15 wine-tasting for the 21+ crowd.
- Arts for All Fest. Stroll through the gallery and enjoy artwork from local Hoosiers at this mid-week festival. July 26, 4-7 p.m. at Artmix Studio and Gallery, located inside the Harrison Center for the Arts, 1505 N. Delaware St. Family friendly and free.
- Indiana Microbrewers Festival. Sample 100+ Hoosier microbreweries plus local food, vendors, and entertainment in Military Park in White River State Park. July 29, 3-7 p.m. $10-60.
- Devour Indy. Sample a three-course, value-priced menus from more than 200 restaurants around town. Grab your friends and make plans for August 21-September 3. Pro tip: make reservations at your preferred place!
- Wide Eyed Music Festival. Explore the eclectic sounds of local musicians, featuring a wide range of styles and bands from rock to big band. July 28-29 at Fountain Square Brewery, 7-11:30 p.m. $7-18.
- Carmel Porchfest. It’s the ultimate porch party! Stroll along and hear a variety of musical acts from acoustic to rock performed live on neighborhood porches in the Carmel Arts & Design District. September 17, 1-5:30 p.m. Family friendly and free.
- IndyFringe Festival. The Mass Ave theater district comes alive with a diverse line up of live theater during this annual festival. Be entertained by music, magic shows, Shakespeare, live animals and more. August 17-27, Various times. $15 adults, $12 students, and $8 children 12 and under.
- Brics, Broad Ripple Ice Cream Station. Sundaes, shakes, malts, and more. Pile on the toppings or fill up a waffle cone. Indoor seating is available, but for the best seat in the house, grab an outdoor table and people watch on the Monon. Or take a stroll yourself! 901 E. 64th St.
One thing’s for sure, Indy offer no shortage of summer fun. Art, music, food, and more are waiting for you this season. And while our passion is placing people in the right job, summer is a great time enjoy life outside of work. Go play!