That’s Good HR is proud to be Winner of Best of Staffing – Inavero 2017!
We are actively recruiting & hiring a Prior Authorization Specialist
That’s Good HR is seeking an experienced individual to serve as an Prior Authorization Specialist for our growing department. If you’re looking for a place to build your skills while you build a career with an organization that truly appreciates your talent, we look forward to hearing from you!
Pay: $15-16.50 per hour
Prior Authorization Specialist Responsibilities:
As an Prior Authorization Specialist you will use your administrative clerical skills and experience to assist with pre-certifications, insurance verification, and obtaining authorizations for procedure.
- Develops an intricate knowledge of the specific characteristics of each insurance plan and their contact personnel to assist in job function
- Develops and maintains a system of tracking and managing pre-service denials in order to avoid the denials during the ordering process. Communicates this information on a routine basis to administration staff and the clinical areas.
- Determines client eligibility through EMR, Eligibility Verification, and payer websites
- Understanding Medicare regulations, Medicaid MRO, Medicaid Clinic Services and Commercial insurance related to surgical specialty, any necessary prior authorization process/requirements
- Communicates data with clinical staff to ensure that services are provided within the parameters of the Prior Authorization and/or additional prior authorization requests are completed as needed
- Enters prior authorization data into EMR
- Communicates regularly with staff and leadership to clarify application development issues
- Advanced computer skills to facilitate the development of databases, spreadsheets, and the utilization of other web-based applications
- Reviews new bulletins relating to payers’ prior authorization and other sources of information and informs management of any updates or changes
- Assists management in developing procedures for change, in response to the changing nature of reimbursement in our industry
- Assist Manager/Supervisor with special projects as requested
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Prior Authorization Specialist
- Experience with pre-certification or pre-authorization
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Proficiency in working on a computer
- Excellent typing skills
- Excellent customer service mentality
That’s Good HR is Indianapolis’ proven staffing firm. We’ve placed talent right here for more than a decade! We know staffing and will find the right job for you. Maybe you’re looking for an opportunity to check out a work environment before you commit to full time, or maybe you’re looking for flexibility in your work – our goal is to bring you opportunities that fit your needs as well as the needs of our clients. We set you up to succeed! First, we’ll screen you to make which positions you’re best suited for; then, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about each opportunity. We’ll help with career tips, resume writing, and even interview prep. Above all, we’ll communicate immediately and honestly.
Whether you’re looking for temporary, part time employment, or full time, direct-hire positions, the team at That’s Good HR works to connect the right people to the right positions at the right time. A recognized leader in staffing solutions, That’s Good HR leverages years of industry expertise and an uncompromising commitment to excellence in our greater Indianapolis market.
If you’re looking for a place to build your skills while you build a career with an organization that truly appreciates your talent, we look forward to hearing from you!
Winner of Best of Staffing – Inavero (2017)
Named to the Inc. 500 list of Fastest Growing Companies (2005)
Member of the American Staffing Association for over 20 years
Prior Authorization Specialist
See a position or two you are interested in? You only need to apply once with That’s Good HR. We’ll review your resume with all open positions in mind.