Hiring for a Medical Billing Specialist (Medical Biller) located on the north side of Indianapolis.
That’s Good HR has partnered with a company on the north side of Indianapolis who has an immediate need for a Medical Billing Specialist (Medical Biller).
Salary: $15 – $16.50 per hour
Job Type: Full Time, Temp to Hire
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm
Medical Billing Specialist (Medical Biller) Responsibilities:
- Medicaid billing
- Hospital billing is preferred but physician billing experience will be considered
- Hospital and medicaid claims experience preferred
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Update billing software with rate changes
Medical Billing Specialist (Medical Biller) Qualifications:
- Experienced with insurance systems or with Medicare and Medicaid online systems
- Knowledge of business and accounting processes usually obtained from an associate’s degree, with a degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Health Care Administration preferred
- Knowledge of HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
- Use of computer systems, software, 10 key calculator
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients
- Able to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims and billing
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Holiday Pay (based on hours worked)
- Vacation Bonus (based on hours worked)
That’s Good HR is an award-winning staffing firm focused on the local Indianapolis market. Whether you’re looking for a temporary, part-time, or full-time position, the team at That’s Good HR works to connect the right people to the right job at the right time. See what we can do for you – apply today!
See a position or two you are interested in? You only need to apply once with That’s Good HR. We’ll review your resume with all open positions in mind.